Sunday, October 22, 2017
It took for a while to figure out that a new version switched from "xorg-synaptics" to "libinput". And for some interesting reasons "libinput" doesn't have tap to click enabled by default. So long story is short, here is a recipe to enable it:
1. Add following option to touchpad section in "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf"
Option "Tapping" "true"
2. Reboot and enjoy your touchpad again.
Saturday, April 18, 2015
- ATMega328 (I use handy Arduino Nano);
- HC-05 (ZS-040) Bluetooth module (EGBT-045MS);
- 1K Ohm and 2K Ohm resistors;
- STATE - HIGH when module is connected;
- RXD - data input pin;
- TXD - data output pin;
- GND - ground pin;
- VCC - power input pin;
- EN - Unknown pin. It should be connected to pin 34 of EGBT-045MS Bluetooth module, but it seems it doesn't work in preferred way;
Saturday, March 28, 2015
Update django package:
pip install -U Django
- Remove 'south' from INSTALLED_APPS.
- Delete all your (numbered) migration files, but not the directory or init.py - make sure you remove the .pyc files too.
- Run python manage.py makemigrations. Django should see the empty migration directories and make new initial migrations in the new format.
- Run python manage.py migrate. Django will see that the tables for the initial migrations already exist and mark them as applied without running them. (Only matching table names are checked; not their full schema
- it’s up to you to make sure the existing schema is up to date with your models!)
Uninstall south package:
pip uninstall south
Update requirements.txt file:
pip freeze > requirements.txt
I'm using a great Python hosting - Webfaction. So here is short notes how to upgrade existing deployed application to Django 1.7.
- Create new application with Django 1.7
- Copy project folder from old Django 1.6 application to new Django 1.7 application.
- Modify httpd.conf accordingly with new folder structure.
- Stop existing existing application with django 1.6.
Restart new django 1.7 application:
- Remove django 1.6 from Websites-> yourdomain.com -> Contents.
- Add new django 1.7 app to Websites-> yourdomain.com -> Contents.
Done. Check how it works.
PS: And don't forgot to update fabric deployment file accordingly.